Using your Widgets
Widgets are a simple and quick way for you to access and share certain information from apps such as B1G1. Some common widgets that you might have used are a Calendar widget, which provides a quick view of the upcoming events in your calendar without having to open the Calendar application or a Weather widget to show you today's weather on your phone without having to open the Weather app.
IN THIS ARTICLE
There are in total 9 types of widgets in your B1G1 account and there will definitely be one for you!
- Goal widget: This widget tracks you and your team's giving based on the impact goal you have set and the counts stated there reflect the impacts created on your company account for the period you stated in the widget setting.
- B1G1 Impact Tracker widget: This widget shows your and your team members' live giving impacts summarised by projects. This tracks the total impacts created in the company account and all accounts linked to the company. This includes any impacts made in the main business owner's own personal account, as well as any impacts created by your active employees.
- SDGs impacts tracker: This widget tracks you and your team's impacts for specific Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). When you make contributions to a project that is linked to multiple SDGs, the impacts created will be "split" into the respective SDGs.
Note: SDG impacts are split across the trackers. For example, a project that provides food to school children is making impacts to both SDG 2: Zero Hunger and SDG 4: Quality Education. When you create 10 impacts with this project, each SDG tracker increases by 5.
- B1G1 Community impact tracker: This widget shows the total giving impacts created by the entire B1G1 community.
- Business for Good Map Banner: This widget is a great visual display of the geographical impact you have created across the globe.
- Your total impact widget: This is a great way to share your total impacts on your website.
- Your leveraged impacts widget: This is a great way to share your leveraged impacts on your website.
- Giving Story widget: This allows you to share the impacts you've made per Giving Story. It is also unique as it is the only animated widget.
- Choose a widget from above
- Copy the widget code
- Paste the code into your website wherever you want your widget to appear. It's that simple!
Note: Widgets 1-7 can be found on your Impact Widgets page, while the Giving Story widget can be found on the Giving Story page.
Finding your Widgets
Impact Widgets page
All widgets with the exception of Giving Story will be found on this page.
To get to this page, click on Share > Impact Widgets in your top navigation bar.
Giving Story widget
Each Giving Story has it's own unique widget. To find your Giving Story widget, head to the Giving Stories page, locate the specific story you are looking for, click on the ... icon and choose Embed.
Embedding the Widgets on Your Website
Displaying the B1G1 widgets on your website is easy. Here's how.
Need help adding the embed code to your website?
Specific instructions for certain website platforms are linked below.
If you are still unsure on how to embed a widget on your website, your web developer would be the best person to ask.
Why doesn't the SDG widget count match my impact history?
SDG impacts are spread across the trackers. For example, a project that provides food to school children is making impacts to both SDG 2: Zero Hunger and SDG 4: Quality Education. When you create 10 impacts with this project, each SDG tracker increases by 5.